Saturday 27 July 2013

Writer of the hit JJ Cale died at 74, the agent says.

The musicians JJ Cale song "Cocaine" and "After Midnight" was made famous by Eric Clapton, died on Friday night after suffering a heart attack, the president of the agency's management, he said. His contemporaries thought he was a legend, though many fans are familiar with his name.
He was 74.
"JJ Cale is loved by fans around the world for its rich and beautiful music not boast of his" president Mike Kappus of Rosebud Agency said. "He was loved more dearly by all who come in contact with is the most real and down to earth, we all know that."
'Cocaine' s Cale makes his own groove.
Eat at Maynard Make your Cale "Call Me Breeze" famous bands and musicians including Santana, Allman Brothers, Johnny Cash and many others to cover his tracks.
He won a Grammy for his 2006 album with Clapton called "Road to Escondido.".
"He was incredibly humble and avoid focusing on the total cost. Be missed by all who come into contact with him directly or indirectly, "Kappus said," Fortunately, his music lives on. "
Singer-songwriter passed away at Scripps Hospital in La Jolla, his official website said.
No plans for a funeral service, it said.
"We have lost a great artist and a great person," Clapton wrote on his Facebook page.
His official biography describes Cale was the music he had ever known.
"I remember when I made my first album, I was 32 or 33 years and I thought I was way too old," Cale said, according to his bio. "When I saw myself doing this at 70, I go, 'What I do, I should be universal & Asia into the hammock."
He was living in Tulsa and have given up on making money in the record business when his career was made suddenly, from the cover of Clapton's. "After midnight".
That moment changed everything for musicians, biographers state. After Clapton picks up his music Cale drove to Nashville to record his first album.
He is credited with helping to create what is known as the Tulsa Sound style, laid back compared to the psychedelic rock that has been heard at the time.
"I'm so old I remember before the Rolling Stones 'n' and" Cale told CNN in 2009, "When I was young I played guitar for other people, so I will have to learn. (Cover song) .... so the guitar in the first record, which I think was influenced by what I did. I never could get it exactly right, the way they play it, and I guess that helped develop the style. ".
Other musicians that cover the work of Cale and Band, Chet Atkins, Freddie King, Maria Muldaur, and Captain Beefheart as history, which also noted he was asked to pay attention. He said he thought the legendary musician friends, as many fans have of him. Know his name.
"No, it does not bother me," Cale said, "What's really great when you get a check in the mail.".


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment